Since 1991, Xenos Packaging has been there for you, offering high-quality, sophisticated, practical and attractive packaging solutions at truly unbeatable prices.
Before we briefly introduce you to our food packaging, let’s take a brief historical look back and then take a glimpse at why packaging is so important and how you can choose the most suitable packaging for your business.
Once Upon a Time…
Once upon a time, the cavemen consumed their food exactly where they found it after a hunting process.
However, the enormous need to transport and, above all, preserve food gave people the inspiration to create and develop what we know today as ‘packaging’. The first materials to make the latter came from nature: animal skins, tree branches, bark, soil and water (to make clay, and later, to make pottery). Of course, food packaging – as we all have it in mind – is part of modern societies, since, until recently, the transportation of basic products such as grain, coffee, flour, sugar, was carried out in sacks and sold in bulk in the various grocery stores of the time.
The French confectioner, Nicolas Appert, is the one who is now considered a pioneer in the field of food packaging. In 1775, he won a competition organized by the government, at Napoleon’s insistence, with the aim of discovering packaging capable of preserving food for a few days so that Napoleon’s troops would not run out of supplies too quickly. Appert, thus, began to work feverishly on a method of preheating food: first, food was cooked a little and stored in glass jars, then sealed airtight and placed in boiling water for sterilization. Appert, of course, won the prize of 12,000 French francs and, the following year, his method travelled to England and the rest of the world.
How Important is Food Packaging?
Suitable food packaging is one of the key safety factors in the food supply chain and is an integral part of the design of a company’s very products. Perhaps, at one time, packaging was simply a necessary means of extending the shelf life of food, but it has now evolved into a rapidly developing science.
- Protection & Preservation: packaging helps to ensure easy and safe food transportation, storage, preservation by protecting it from vibrations, compression, temperature, etc., pathogenic microorganisms (germs) and chemical agents, while preventing the use of more additives to preserve food. It even protects food texture or even its original shape, and it preserves its taste and smell.
- Tightness: packaging is a barrier to oxygen, dust, water vapor etc., and keeps the contents of food fresh, clean and safe for the required shelf life.
- Safety: proper packaging plays an essential role in reducing risks during transportation with special features (e.g. safety valve) in place to detect tampering or deterioration of the packaging.
- Convenience: good packaging adds convenience in handling, distribution, sale, display, re-sealing, opening, use and re-use.
- Consumer information: all food packaging needs labels with nutritional information, method of use, date of manufacture and expiry date of the package or product. They also include information about the food itself, such as its nutritional value, its ingredients or even how long it takes to cook/consume it.
- Advertising: food packaging with the necessary information plays a key-role in the promotion, sale and distribution of products. Food packaging not only has a decorative role, but also an essential one by completing the overall image of the product. The more tasteful, minimal and qualitative the packaging is, the greater the chances of potential customers buying it. A good design will draw the consumer’s attention to examine the product closely; a key-step before purchase.
What is the Most Suitable Packaging?
Food packaging is rapidly evolving to meet the modern demands of the consumer.
You should consider the type, weight, size of your products and the audience you are targeting, always keeping the following factors in mind, before deciding which is the most appropriate professional food packaging for your business:
- Technical characteristics: such as, design, shape, materials of construction (paper or plastic food packaging), resistance to climate conditions, stability during loading/unloading, handling, storage and display.
- Attractiveness: size, shape, colors, quality, label design
- Information: product description, composition of contents, instructions for use, dates (expiry, etc.)
- Identity: shape, color, label, company logo
What you should remember before choosing packaging supplies is, of course, that the latter should help the consumer to:
- Identify your product among others
- Understand the type of product
- Learn more about the product
- Easily find instructions and information about the contents of the package
- Understand why the product will be useful to them
- Be persuaded to buy it
What Packaging We Offer You at Xenos
Our food packaging bags are available in a variety of materials, each with a different quality, depending on the product and its packaging applications. Paper food packaging, paper bags, disposable plastic food packaging bags or eco-friendly packaging with different types of adhesive depending on your product.
- Without pleat or bottomless: for food categories such as legumes, bakery products, cereal bars, etc.
- 3-side sealing: for items such as spices, meat, cheese, sausages, fish, etc.
- Roll packing: for packaging machines of legumes, pasta, bakery products, fruit, vegetables, etc.; it has many other applications for foods necessary to be packed.
- With 1 center gluing: targeted at items such as cereals, flours, spices, dyes/colors, dried.
- With pleat & central glue (back side): suitable for products such as coffee, legumes, pasta, bakery products.
Equip and, of course, advertise your business with the right attractive food packaging by choosing it according to your demands.
Discover all our packaging simply by clicking here:
To Sum Up…
…the type of packaging you choose for your food is vital to ensure that it is protected and safe from contamination and easier to transport. It is a great way to promote your business more effectively to your customers, both existing and prospective ones. It also helps your brand itself, highlighting its unique identity so that you can increase your sales and expand your brand’s reputation everywhere!