Packaging is a key aspect of any product. One of the most popular packaging is the bag, or pouch, in various qualities and materials such as paper, fabric and plastic.
Also, a logo is a key element of your product and business identity. It is the visual representation of your company and plays a key role in creating brand awareness. A well-designed logo communicates what your business stands for and what makes it unique. Logos are memorable and customers can recognize your brand simply by seeing your logo. It’s a way to create a relationship of trust and loyalty with your customers, making them return to your business for their purchases.
An effective way to increase brand awareness is the combination of packaging and logo.
How do you achieve this? The answer is: printed bags. When customers carry your branded bag, they are essentially promoting your brand to others. Printed bags for your business not only make your brand more visible, but also serve as a marketing tool to attract potential customers.
Why is a logo on a bag important?
#1 Protect the product
#2 They establish your brand by helping it to be even better imprinted in the mind of the consumer, achieving a high level of brand awareness, i.e. recognition when they see it somewhere else and linking it to your product category, e.g. visuals, hotels, etc.)
#3 They ensure what is known as “brand loyalty”: i.e. loyal customers who will increasingly turn to your products
#4 They highlight your consistency as a company not only for the quality you offer but also because you pay attention to details regarding your customer service, showing how much you care about your customer. Consistency is linked to the concept of reliability, putting you very high in the minds of consumers.
#5 They create a professional image for your business. When you offer printed bags to your customers, it shows that you care about the customer experience.
#6 They give a sense of overall uniformity: in the colors, the size and font you’ve chosen, print material, etc.
#7 They add value to your product & business
#8 They advertise you inexpensively (reusable & circulated everywhere)
#9 They get across messages you want to communicate in a direct way
#10 Communicates important information about the product itself: e.g. 1 green leaf on a logo may indicate that the product is environmentally friendly or, conversely, a red circle with a line may indicate that the product is not environmentally friendly.
Picking the right logo for your company
Logo printing on a bag is the most recognizable element of any company. The logo on a bag should communicate the core values of a business and bring out the personality of the owner as well as the overall style of the store or company.
When it comes to designing your logo, there are a variety of elements to consider, such as colors, shapes and font styles. Depending on your business, different design elements may be more effective in creating a successful logo.
What to keep in mind during the logo selection process:
- Make it unique: your logo should stand out from your competitors. Make sure it is not too similar to other brands in your industry.
- Be memorable and easily recognizable. A well-designed logo printed on packaging will create a lasting impression in the customer’s mind, which will improve recall in their memory.
- Think about your audience: your logo should appeal to your audience. If, for example, you’re targeting a primarily younger audience, your logo should reflect this.
- Choose the right colours. Colours can evoke emotions and create associations with your brand. Make sure the colors you choose align with your personality, values and are appropriate to your product.
Let’s take a look at some examples:
- A bag for a children’s shop or business needs a lot of colours and pleasant designs for our little friends to enjoy.
- A men’s business requires more “serious” colors, such as black ,gray etc. that will more easily attract the male audience.
- While a women’s business wants a palette of bolder colors that will attract the attention of the female audience.
- A cosmetics business, which appeals to a lot of people, wants strong colors because it aims to make its logo easily remembered.
- Similarly, food businesses want a logo that associates them with the concept of “mother earth” and the purity of food.
- Hotel businesses usually opt for more minimal elements in a logo that reflects luxury and elegance.
- A jewelry store may choose a more classic logo that reflects glamour.
- A supermarket may choose a logo that reflects a fresh and sustainable attitude and a bold font with a simple design.
- A coffee shop may choose a logo that reflects a warm and welcoming feel with a friendlier design.
- A sports equipment store may choose a logo that reflects strength and durability.
Choosing the right bags for your company
Once you have your logo, it’s time to choose the right printed bag for your business. Some factors to consider when choosing your bags:
- Bag size: should be appropriate for the products you are selling. Think about the size of your products and choose a bag that fits them.
- Design: it should be visually appealing and in line with your company’s personality.
- Functionality: your bags should be functional and easy for customers to carry (e.g. by adding handles or a strap for convenience).
- Quantity: think about how many bags you will need and order accordingly. A bulk order definitely helps to reduce costs.
- Material: it will depend on the products you sell and your budget. Some popular materials are paper, plastic and reusable fabric.
Based on the last feature – the material – it is important to stress that creating reusable bags with your logo is not only good for the environment, but also a smart business decision. Reusable bags, whether made from fabric, paper or plastic, are durable and can be used over and over again, meaning your brand will be seen by more people for longer!
What bag should i choose ?
1🛍️Fabric bags are an excellent choice for businesses that want to promote sustainability. They are durable, lightweight, easy to carry and get messages across. Plus, they can be washed and reused, making them a highly environmentally friendly choice. These bags need clear colours and logos because, now, they are used over and over again due to their durability and they go everywhere: from supermarkets to walks and holidays.
2🛍️Paper bags are another option for businesses that want to support sustainability. They are less-used but biodegradable bags and can be recycled, making them an environmentally friendly solution. At the same time, they add a sense of luxury and a look of elegance.
3🛍️Plastic bags are often considered an environmental problem, but plastic bags made from recycled materials are more environmentally friendly than traditional plastic bags. They are also low cost bags and their use is common.
Generally speaking, producing reusable bags with your logo is a great way to promote your company while promoting sustainability and eco-consciousness. Reusable bags are durable and can be used repeatedly, which means your brand will be seen by more people for longer.
However, regardless of the type of bag you choose, adding your logo to it creates a moving billboard for your business. When your customers carry bags with your logo, they are essentially promoting your brand to others… for free. It’s a way to advertise your business without spending a lot of money on traditional advertising methods.
Here, at Xenos Packaging, we help you choose the most suitable packaging for you and your products with your logo always in the foreground.